|Takamichi T. Takahata|
Volume 1, Chapter 1: The Child Teacher is a Mage (Negima!)
He reappears in chapter 273 to help Negi fight Kurt Godel and taunts Kurt because he got showed up by kids. Later, he, along with Kurt who he fought into submission, contact Negi and ask for Ala Alba's help in dealing with the crisis of the magical world. He convices Kurt to believe in Negi and his friends as they charge into gravekeeper's palace. He begins to eliminate demons quickly and by himself until more backup arrives so he can head into gravekeeper's palace and aid Negi.He later appears with Kurt to aid and fight when Evangeline and others show up in the Magic World to help Negi after his battle with Fate Averruncus .
AbilitiesIn order to make up to his inability to perform incantations, Takahata is trained in special fighting styles taught to him by one of Nagi's comrade, Gato Kagura Vandenburg, which he regards as his master.
- Kankaho- A technique that combines Eastern ki and Western magic. Takahata uses his right arm to concentrate ki and his left arm for magic power. Certainly, one to two meters is required to gain initial speed. Along with the huge attacks, Takahata is left wide open and his preparations turns sluggish. Yet, when used with Takahata's invisible punches, these weaknesses are eliminated.
- Iaiken- Bare fist version of iaido (iai pulling of the sword). Takahata uses his pockets in replacement for scabbard (apparently the reason why he has his hands inside his pocket at stance), and carries out punches faster than the eye can see. The downside is Takahata can't use punches in close combat. Using barrages of iaiken at long range, he can compensate for the weaknesses of his fighting style.
- Muonken (Silent Fist): First used in chapter 273.
- Shichijou Taisou: Muonken (Seven Streak Great Lance Silent Fist): First used in chapter 305.
- Senjou Senzoku: Muonken (Thousand Streak Glearring Arrows Silent Fist): First used in chaper 305.
Takimichi in Other Media
Unlike his manga counterpart, Takahata-sensei does have magical abilities in this series and is seen as the main assistant for Negi. However, he is usually seen on the sidelines alongside Evangeline and Chachamaru, particularly either in drinking tea or eating ramen.